Monday, November 9, 2015

Field Trip to Batu Kurau!!!


University's life is full of ups and downs...
Give and Take; Sacrifice and Accept; Lose and Win...
Do not forget that a mountain is hard to climb, but once you get to the top the view is beautiful.
Life is like a book, with chapters for each events in your life and a limited number of pages on which to spend your time. 


Sometimes, it is difficult to make a choice. We forgot that "let go" is actually a choice too. Since the day the Uni is started, the classes and activities are packed until almost unbreathable condition. Thank you my lecturer, Dr. Widad, for arranging a field trip to Kampung Sempeneh, Batu Kurau, Perak. That is the time I decided to forget everything and left the messy matters behind me.



Here, we get into the kampung by the LORRY!!! Although this is not the 1st time, the experience is different. We grow up, and many things have changed including the way we think. Last experience was during secondary school, but now we are 21!! 


Makan Sambil Berborak!! ^^
Happy Familypan="">
Typical Kampung Girl =)















So, this is really a kampung place, no wifi, internet or line to call. It is not a big issue for me. However, some of my friends still cannot accept the sudden change. What I can say is the Y-Generation, haiz... The science and technology has changed our life. Somebody will think that it shorten the distance between two. But I don't think so... We always post the photos on facebook or instagram, and those 'audience' will only click a 'like'. Unlike when I was young, I used to call my buddies using landline, the way we try to share and describe the enjoyment, is much more different by typing. The unique interaction and communication is slowly disappeared in this modernization era. Still, we are all adapted to the village style after awhile, we chit-chatting and eating outside the chalet. We say "Hi" to our neighbors, which is our course mates who staying nearby. This strengthen our relationship even faster than the IT gadget. 



Weird Housemate in the Room~~~

They are my group mates in the trip too!! ~ ~ ~
This are some insects caught by EnvTech Students!!!     


My group is in-charged to measure the pH of the river. I am quite shock when I realized that the pH of water is ard pH5.31 which is a bit acidic. We can see that a lot of the villagers are playing or may be cleaning their own body in the river. The river is cool and clear, but I don't think that it is suitable for villagers to stay in water for a long time. 

 

All of my friends said:" Yer, why your course so good one, can go to such nice place to play..."


Once again, I want to mention that I am proud to be the member of EnvTech! I have chance to place myself nearest to the mother earth, I can breath the fresh air, enjoy the hot but windy weather, feel the crystal clear water and so on... 
  
I have the chance to mix around with the villagers there. We are outsiders, but they welcomed us with warmth. As we were walking along the road side, we waved at them and they will wave back even tough we are strangers to them. I love this picture a lot, the kids are cute. Even they are born in a village, I wish that they can have good education and a healthy life. 




We visited to the cave, we saw a lot of fruit bats, they fly over our head. En Khairul told us that the fruit bats are important to the durian tree. The durians at Batu Kuarau are famous because of the help of fruit bats!! I am a lover of durian, may be I can visit to Batu Kurau again during durian seasonsXD



I would like to end my story-telling here~

ONE FOR ALL, ALL FOR ONE

Thank you Dr. Widad and our course mates for arranging this field trip!!!
Friendship forever
 



No comments:

Post a Comment